ASUS post-CeBIT launch in UK

by Michael Smith

London, March 10, 2009: ASUS today presented to the media in a launch event at London's Design Museum a number of products that have just recently been launched at the CeBIT in Hanover. It is my understanding that some of those new products may hit the UK in the next six months or such.

I had the privilege and the pleasure too be able to be present at this launch event at the Design Museum and would like to thank to ASUS team for the attention and the lovely spread that was laid on, as well as for the gifts that we could take away with us.

While ASUS has now been around as a maker of computers, from PCs over Laptops/Notebooks to the Netbooks and I believe the ASUS Eee PC to probably have been the first affordable Netbooks on the market really, and the launch event was also a little bit a birthday party for ASUS, having just turned 20 years of age, it is not, as yet, unfortunately, a name that immediately comes to mind when people think computers, laptops or even netbooks. But, as far as I am concerned, it should.

I have been using an ASUS Eee PC 900 netbook with Linux OS for a couple of months, having bought it at what I think to be a good rate when Staples was turning from the 900 to the 901, and I must say that, in all honesty, it is the computer that gets most use in my place. I do have Fujitsu Siemens Amilo laptop with Windows Vista but that does rarely get an outing from its place in the desk drawer. The Eee PC 900 one the other hand is always the first choice for me when it comes too writing my articles and the reason for that is, mainly, its small footprint on the desk, and the speed that I can write on the small keyboard. Much faster in fact than on the laptop.

ASUS certainly is a very innovative company and from what I have seen so far at the launch that we have seen nothing yet as far as computing is concerned, especially for the home.

I look forward to, hopefully, being able to lay my little fingers on some of the new products to review and then to report about them in the pages of the ICT Review. So, stay tuned.

© M Smith (Veshengro), 2009
<>