The New Varonis® DatAdvantage® for Exchange Reduces the Time
Exchange Administrators Spend Managing Mailbox Access and Tracking Email Activity by up to 70 Percent
NEW YORK – Oct. 18, 2010 - Varonis Systems Inc (www.varonis.com), the leading provider of comprehensive data governance software, today announced it has extended its award-winning DatAdvantage® software to Microsoft Exchange. This platform extension gives Exchange administrators access to the Varonis® Metadata Framework™ technology (www.varonis.com/metadata) within DatAdvantage, which provides resource-saving automation for ongoing Exchange management tasks such as mailbox access management and consolidation, email activity tracking, access auditing and stale public folder and mailbox identification. By automating the way IT organizations perform daily Exchange management tasks, DatAdvantage delivers up to 70 percent time savings to overworked Exchange administrators.
“With traditional approaches, it was very difficult to understand access to mailboxes and public folders across all the Exchange servers, effectively audit email access and communication, and find owners for public folders and mailboxes,” said Bernard Besohe, local mail and system administrator for the Publications Office of the European Union. “With Varonis DatAdvantage for Exchange, we have significantly reduced our Exchange access and data management workload for tasks that we do many times every day. We now have a single console with a complete map to our ever-growing Exchange environment that has enabled our staff to identify and proactively manage and protect Exchange data.”
Varonis® DatAdvantage® for Exchange enables customers to manage Exchange mailboxes and public folders alongside file servers and SharePoint sites through the proven Varonis Metadata Framework and DatAdvantage UI, offering the same trusted permissions visibility, audit trails and recommendations that customers have come to expect from Varonis Data Governance solutions.
“As the most widely adopted messaging platform and semi-structured data repository in the world, Microsoft Exchange is the go-to cross-functional collaboration system for many organizations,” said Yaki Faitelson, Chief Executive Officer, President and Co-founder of Varonis.. “Administrators are under enormous pressure to ensure that Exchange is secure, responsive, and constantly available. To do this, they require automation to understand activity patterns over the entire platform, understand ownership of the data, visualize access for all mailboxes and public folders across all the information stores, easily identify stale mailboxes and public folders and optimize processes for consolidation and migration. Varonis® DatAdvantage® for Exchange automates tasks that Exchange administrators are already doing manually, hundreds of times every day.”
With Varonis® DatAdvantage® for Exchange, customers can:
· Clean up shared mailboxes and identity appropriate delegation rights
· Clean up public folders and designate ownership assignments
· Audit and track message activity
· Identify spikes in activity
· Identify and remove stale public folders and mailboxes
Varonis® DatAdvantage® for Exchange features include:
· Bi-directional Permissions Visibility: From both a mailbox/folder and user/group view that allows administrators to easily analyze and report on permissions, spot permissions errors and improperly delegated access
· Auditing Automation: A detailed audit trail with highly granular filtering and sorting so administrators can easily see when email was sent, from and to whom it was sent, and when it was opened
· Recommendations and Permissions Modeling: Enabling administrators to quickly spot excessive rights and test permissions changes—prior to committing them—so that changes will not disrupt end-user productivity
· Ownership Identification: Automating ownership identification, assignment and reporting for mailboxes, public folders, and distribution groups to facilitate proper access authorization and review
· Stale Data Identification: Enabling IT to reduce storage overhead and costs
Varonis® DatAdvantage® for Exchange is available immediately for Exchange 2007 SP2, SP3, and starts at $8,000-$12,000.
For more information about Varonis® DatAdvantage® for Exchange, visit www.varonis.com/products/datadvantage/exchange
Varonis is the leader in unstructured and semi-structured data governance for file systems, SharePoint and NAS devices, and Exchange servers. Named "Cool Vendor" in Risk Management and Compliance by Gartner, Voted one of the "Fast 50 Reader Favorites" on FastCompany.com. Varonis has more than 2500 installations worldwide. Based on patented technology and a highly accurate analytics engine, Varonis' solutions give organizations total visibility and control over their data, ensuring that only the right users have access to the right data at all times. Varonis is headquartered in New York, N.Y., regional offices in Europe, Asia and Latin America, with research and development offices in Hertzliya, Israel
Source: Eskenzi PR
This press release is presented without editing for your information. The ICT REVIEW does not recommend, approve or endorse the products and/or services offered.